VCOR is a Clinical Quality Registry (CQR) aiming to improve the safety and quality of care provided to patients admitted to hospital for management of cardiovascular conditions.
VCOR's primary focus is to provide regular and relevant feedback to hospitals so they can compare themselves with their peers. This has been universally found to be a useful and worthwhile tool both for health services and clinicians.
The Registry aims to:
- Provide a dataset aligned with National reporting guidelines
- Create a centralised mechanism for providing feedback
- Benchmark clinical outcomes and improve patient care
- Identify areas of excellence & opportunities for improvement
- Assess adequacy of resources available
- Facilitate development of procedures, clinical guidelines & policies
- Provide insight into the safety of cardiac services
- Identify population groups that may require better access to care